Sunday, February 14, 2010

How can I make sure the cell phone I buy in USA I can use in Russia


How can I make sure the cell phone I buy in USA I can use in Russia?
I'm moving and I want to bring a cell phone so I don't have to worry aobut buying one there. So how can I make sure it will work in Russia?
Russia - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ask someone..
2 :
if it is prepaid then deactivate it in usa and then activate in russia ps good luck in russia
3 :
you need to make sure your phone is enabled to do roaming whilst in Russia good luck mega expensive
4 :
Go to the cell phone stores and talk to the service people. Stick w/ very well known Global comapanies (Sprint, At&t and maybe Verizon?) Get it in writing that your cell phone will work in Russia You may be better off just getting a phone while in Russia.
5 :
Your mobile phone must support GSM900/1800 format or CDMA (only in big cities). You can buy new SIM-card everywhere in Russia and make redirection from/to your number. Or (if you don't want to change your number) ask your operator about roaming in Russia.