Sunday, March 21, 2010

Do you know of any programs where I can spend the summer living/working in Russia


Do you know of any programs where I can spend the summer living/working in Russia?
I'm about to finish my MBA and would like to go to Russia before I begin working. I already have semi-fluent language abilities, but want to go there to improve my language skills and visit the country that I have been studying for the last couple of years. Does anyone know of any reputable programs where I can go work/volunteer/study for the summer (or maybe just a couple of weeks)? Food, lodging, safety, and low-cost are my main concerns (I'm a poor college student). Any suggestions? The only programs that I have been able to find are only for current students that will be applying the experience towards a college degree (I will have graduated by then).
Russia - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I am in the same situation as you are. Graduation are mere months away from completion and I as well wish to go to Russia. The best solution I found for this want is through Cross Culture Solutions. This program takes care of lodging, traveling, and etc. The catch is you volunteer your time to help with the children. But that's the only reason why I am joining, to help the children. Spare time is given to you to utiliza on your own time as for you to discover Russia on your own. Not only will you be helping children, but also enjoying Russia. Here is the website: http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/where_you_can_go/russia/default.asp Hope this finds your interest well. - G
2 :
Try searching through www.goabroad.com They often have a lot of programs with Russia. It would also be possible for you to go there to just teach English for 20 hours a week and have a lot of free time and money to travel around and see places.