Monday, June 21, 2010

I am a Russia citizen and work and live in the USA on L1 visa. Can I go to Guam with this visa for travel


I am a Russia citizen and work and live in the USA on L1 visa. Can I go to Guam with this visa for travel?
Also will I get a new I-94 when I go to Guam and come back?
Immigration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Guam is a US Commonwealth, I think even US citizens need a passport to go their, check with a travel agent in your local area.
2 :
Guam is a US territory. Every man, woman and child born on Guam is a US citizen. When I lived there I was told, that due to the distance flown in international air space, each time you return to Hawaii or the mainland from Guam you'll be prescreened by a CBP officer before boarding on Guam and you'll have to clear customs and immigration upon reaching Hawaii or the Mainland. You can come and go as you please as long as your L1 is still valid.
3 :
Going to Guam is no different (except for the distant) than going to New York City or Los Angeles. Guam is included in the legal definition of the United States. You would not receive a new I-94 if you went to Guam and then returned to some other part of the U.S. "The term "United States", except as otherwise specifically herein provided, when used in a geographical sense, means the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands of the United States."