Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Will a nokia cell phone work in Russia


Will a nokia cell phone work in Russia ?
Im going back to Russia in July and im going to be taking gifts for my sisters since I havent seen them in 8 years. My youngest sister has asked me to get her a nokia cellphone from the US. She has a nokia phone currently but wants one from here so she can look "COOL" with it. LOL She wants it to have a keyboard. I just have one concern , If I get for her , will it work wen I take it back to Russia? Do they have different sim cards there? & I know I will have to buy a different charger. PLEASE HELP ASAP !! I want to make her happy because she means the world to me .!
Cell Phones & Plans - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You didn't say what model phone. You need to be sure the phone is GSM-capable for it to work in Europe. TDMA is used only in North America. A dual-mode phone will work fine if you set it for GSM only. My Motorola MOTO Z6c World Edition from Verizon works fine there. Let her buy the SIM card there; they are cheap and easy to find, and they will link her to a Russian cell network as a local customer. You can get a voltage adapter from Radio Shack for $9.99 - and that will look more 'cool' than a local charger.