Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How did marriage work in Russia during the nineteen hundreds


How did marriage work in Russia during the nineteen hundreds?
I'm writing a fiction story that takes place in Russia during the early 1900s. I'm writing about two marriages: one from a man's point of view, and the other from a woman's point of view. Does anyone know how the marriage system worked back then? I looked all over google and couldn't find anything. This is what I need to know: 1. How old were women the first time they got married? 2. How old were the men? 3. At what age did women start having children? 4. How long after planning the marriage would the couple get married? 5. Could men take multiple wives? 6. Was there any process or test the woman or man had to go through before the family agreed to marry the two? Thanks!
History - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I found some websites that might help a little with your story... not really with this, but just in general.... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_life_like_in_Russia_in_early_1900s http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_teenage_life_like_in_the_early_1900s Photos can sort of give you insight in how it was during this time http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2009/10/21/color-photography-from-russian-in-the-early-1900s/ I don't know much about this.... but I hope I gave you some knowledge into life during this time period. Sorry if I didn't give you the information you were looking for. Good luck with your story!!