Saturday, August 14, 2010

I want to live and work in Russia? Financial career


I want to live and work in Russia? Financial career.?
I was born in Russia I love it there being there is like magic. The fact is i spent some summers there and my stock trading performance goes way up. I think its becAUSE im happy there. So I plan on going to University of Illinois or Fordham university in NYC to study finance perhaps do a double major in math. If i go to fordham I may have an internship type trading experience at a leading proprietary trading firm. I suffered language attrition and have to relearn Russian. Its no big deal though I still have the tounge for Russia that is i can speak the russian words i do know as a Russian and no one would know i speak english.. I also speak eNGLISH without an accent. Im also learning C++ programming and French. Will i ahve a good chance at a hedge fund or prop firm in Moscow or Petersburg? I want to emulate George Soros or Bruce Kovner. Perhaps, Randy Mckay or Richard Dennis.
Russia - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Russia is a young and upcoming country, BUT if you strive to be as successful as the people mentioned, DON'T GO TO RUSSIA.. Why don't any of those people live in Russia? Because the money is not there. Moscow has a lot of rich people, but they are Russian citizens or foreign citizens with strong ties to a company, and they "know people". And even if you are still wanting to go, then you have to get a Russian business visa. I tried to get one twice before and the government simply said no. There are very strict requirements on getting one. Honestly, if you have to relearn Russian, don't have a million bucks to invest, and are not a Russian citizen or not strongly tied to a big business man there, then your chances are minimal. Your best bet is to open a business. But you have to get the "permission" and its a very complicated process, and very "back doorsy". I met an American dude here at a bar, and he owns the TGIFs here... very successful guy, but had the money and resources.
2 :
And what are you asking about ?-Let you live and work ! I live and work abroad and you will be able. Why not?
3 :
I agree with Lyudmila.
4 :
I know at least one Irish guy who was quite successful here without big resources. He 's been living here for 16 years now, has his business running, a Russian wife and kids. But initially he came here with the international company.