Sunday, May 1, 2011

will I loose my american citizenship if I decide to work in a filipino embassy


will I loose my american citizenship if I decide to work in a filipino embassy?
I want to go to Russia and work in a filipino embassy and I'm going to get my dual citizenship soon because I'm a filipino-American. However, I'm still in my 2nd year high school here in US so I've got time to decide
Embassies & Consulates - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
look through your passport. I remember a page that lists the different ways that you can forfeit U.S. citizenship.
2 :
No, it wouldn't affect your US citizenship. about the only thing that would affect it, would be to formally renounce it before a consular officer overseas. even if you were to actually join the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and become a diplomat, you wouldn't lose your citizenship. however, you couldn't serve in the US, primarily because as an American you wouldn't be eligible for diplomatic immunity inside the US.
3 :
You will keep dual nationality Filipino-American, should you decide to work for Filipino Embasssy at Moscow (Russia).