Sunday, July 1, 2012

Can I work and live in Russia


Can I work and live in Russia?
Hello all, I am Alireza Komaji, an Iranian, male 32 years old and I live in Iran. Because of my country's crisis in economy, culture, politic and other areas I want to immigrate to another country. My native language is Farsi (Persian) but I can also speak English, German and I am learning Russian for few months. I teach languages here in Tehran and earn only maximum $100 per month. Living costs in Iran are very very high. Monathly costs are so: a 50 squre meter apartment to rent is $500, a dormitory with 8 beds (8 persons) in a small room is $70. very very simple snak (bread, cheese, tea, and food fruits and no meat and fruits) is $100. If I immigrate to Russia, can I have a good job and can I live relax. Can you tell me a few about Russia and life condition there? thank you all
Other - Society & Culture - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Usually you can compare the countries by UN Human Development Indices, which is overall of some other indices. Check it here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/ As you can see Iran has 84-th place, as Russia has 73. So let's say Iran is still better than the most of the other countries. Comparison of GDP per capita (by clicking on the country) gives 13,205$ in Russia vs 10,031$ in Iran. Usually in Moscow average wage could be up to 1000$ per month, but to rent an appartment is very expensive. At least 500$ for quite small apartment. And the cost of living is much higher too. The smaller the town the lesser cost of living and the room to rent. In small towns it is about 150$ per month but the average wages usually not higher than 300$. But it is possible to spend for food not more than 100$. So the rent of apartment will usually eat most of your wage anyway and it will be impossible just live. The other part is to find the job, which also can be the problem. The world crisis affected Russia as well. If you'll find the permanent job as the translator in the international company (such as Gazprom) Russian or not I guess it will solve all your problems. But don't limit yourself. I know a couple of guys in Russia who are using their knowledge of languages to be representatives of the foreign companies in Russia. You can try to find similar job in Iran. Anyway I'd recommend to re-ask this question or specifically question about the job in Russia here as there are more people from Russia or interested in Russia: http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545534