Saturday, January 21, 2012

Living/Studying/Working in Russia


Living/Studying/Working in Russia?
I am 15 years old and in a few months I am living/studying in Russia. I wanted to know if it is possible for me to work in Russia. I am a citizen of United States but I am Estonian/Russian. I don't speak Russian very well so what do I do? I contacted the Russian Embassy today and they told me they didn't know.
Russia - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
At your age you won't have any trouble whatsoever to learn a new language . It will broaden your horizons - open up opportunities later in life . Have no fear russian kids are the same as anywhere else .
2 :
Assuming you are going to Russia on a student visa you need to check with your school to find out what the visa allows you to do. Some student visas allow you to work, but maybe only at the place where you are going to school (on-campus type job). In any case, don't break the law.
3 :
It's not going to be easy to find a job (that's if you are allowed to work on student visa, which i doubt), because you do not know the language. Besides, you are kinda young, in Russia kids don't typically start working at that age.
4 :
fine. You already got a taste of Russia: any office/business will fail it's duty. Just keep that way