Tuesday, August 7, 2012

If you got a cell phone in the US, can you still use it (with the same provider) if you move to Russia


If you got a cell phone in the US, can you still use it (with the same provider) if you move to Russia?
I was wondering... If you have a cell phone, for examle, T-mobile provided. If I moved to Russia, and my parents stayed here and payed the bill, would my service and my phone still work in Russia - even though they don't have that service provider? One of my friends has been talking to a boy over the internet and he claims he's from Russia, and he says he has a US phone from when he used to live there and his parents pay his bill (they live in the US). According to my knowledge, they don't have ANY of the same US Providers over in Russia. I'm thinking he's lying.
Russia - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i'm pretty sure you can, but it'll be REALLY REALLY Expensive. It's better if you just buy another phone in russia.
2 :
Mobile telephones from America only work in America. You can purchase a sim card for some other countries but it will be more expensive to use it. You can subscribe to a service there. America is unfortunately far behind europe and asia in mobile phones. There you can use any phone for any service. Here not so, you must buy a phone for your specific service. But if you take your t-mobile to Russia with you it will not work at all. And you can't use it for a service there. There's always e-mail.
3 :
nope it wont work, I already tried last summer
4 :
You can use US providers, but mega expensive. best thing is just to get a sim card from Beeline or UMC when you are in Moscow and just use the Russian providers.Much less expensive if you are staying there for a while